Rabat – Morocco’s Fath Union Sport de Rabat football club has confirmed 13 COVID-19 cases among players and staff.
In a statement on Tuesday, the club said “the positive cases as well as all the whole group will be placed in confinement.”
The club also said health professionals will carry out new tests in the coming days.
Several other clubs announced infections among players and staff members, including Wydad Casablanca (WAC).
Wydad announced infections among 10 members.
Ittihad Tanger also recorded 23 COVID-19 infections, while Moghreb Athletic de Tetouan announced two infections among players.
The National Professional Football League (LNFP) announced on Monday it decided to postpone three matches, scheduled for Wednesday, to a later date.
These include the Renaissance of Berkane (RSB) match against FAR, and the match between WAC and Raja of Casablanca.
Morocco also canceled the match between Ittihad Tanger and the Renaissance of Zemamra.
The Moroccan Football Federation (FRMF) published the LNFP’s statement, explaining that the decision to postpone matches comes “in accordance with the decision of the competent authorities to place the players of the RSB and WAC in confinement.”
Ittihad Tanger previously requested the postponement of the match.
Morocco recorded a 53,252 total of COVID-19 cases since March, including 37,478 recoveries and 920 deaths.
- Content source is at the link above. You can read more from there. If there is any problem regarding the content copyright;
- We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
- We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!
- You can also send your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org